Monday, September 24, 2007

My Apartment


Finally! I've been here almost a month now (hard to believe) and I finally am settled in enough to take photos of my apartment. The previous tenant had left a fair amount of stuff, so it took me some time to decide what I wanted to keep, and what to get rid of. It took me almost a month to convince myself that the apartment is better without the couch he left.

My apartment is long and narrow. As you enter through the front door, there is to the left the room containing the infamous toilet shower! I've taken a couple of photos of it - showing the console where you can select a butt massage or seat heater. And once flushed, the tank refills by sending the water through the faucet so you can wash your hands right then and there. The problem is that there is no place for soap (in fact, in many public bathrooms there is no soap), so I never use this faucet.















If you head to the right after entering, you go through the hallway/kitchen. There are a couple of photos showing that "room" from each end. The kitchen is little, the fridge is little, the stove is little, the cupboards are tiny, the freezer is tiny, and there is no oven. So I eat out fairly often!






















Here is a photo of the vanity that is in a little room across from the kitchen. This room also has a washing machine. Attached to this room is the bathing room. There is a large tub, and a shower. The shower drains through a drain in the floor, not into the bathtub. As you can see from the hangers abover the bathtub, this room will also serve as my clothes-dryer once winter sets in. I currently hang my laundry on the balcony.








The main room of the apartment is the bedroom/dining/living area. It's quite narrow. I can reach from the bed to the table with no problem. I have a small closet, and drawers under the bed. The AC unit is in this room, so I often will close the door to just cool this room rather than the rest of the apartment.




So this is where I live. I don't spend much time in here though. It seems like I'll just get home and have to leave again in 15 minutes for the next social event. Today (holiday) is the first day I've been home for several hours at a stretch! But I'm off now to run some errands and shop!
Happy Autumnal Equinox!

6 comments:

Lewis_Moon said...

Hey Sara,
For some reason I can't see any of your pics after the "Peace Dinner". Did you switch formats?
I'm sure it's just our firewall here.....

Lisa said...

I'm unable to see your pictures, too.

DeGraaf's said...

Ditto. And I really want to see your apartment chica!! Miss ya, Lockett

Stella and Bill said...

I thought you lived in a big white box!

Christine said...

I know the water going in there is new, but that is still very disturbing. Can I send you some hand sanitizer or something? How is the bum massager option?

DeGraaf's said...

Yay...I can see your apartment pics. It's narrow but cozy cool...all you need. -Lockett