Monday, October 15, 2007

My Happy Place (Joyfull)

I've been back to Joyfull several times now since that initial blog, and tonight I finally remembered to bring my camera along!


Heather and Valerie feeling joyfull

Me, particularly joyfull, at the Pepsi fountain


The Joyfull version of spaghetti carbonara - a poached egg on top of spaghetti and cream sauce. Surprisingly, it's a close imitation. Still not as good as Mom's though!


Brave Heather ordered the Soft Chicken Bone Stick. What she got - chicken cartilege on a stick! Heather obligingly ate several, though later she complained her stomach wasn't too happy.

2 comments:

Winkyboy said...

Sounds about right, for Japanese food - at least some of it has to make you wonder WHY at some point.

On a related note, back when my mom was visiting Japan (and pregnant with me - so TECHnically I've been there!), she ordered chicken one time and was served rolled-up balls of chicken skin! YUM!

Sara said...

Ah yes, I've seen the chicken skin for sale at the grocery store...