Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tanuki continued

Today, I’m at an elementary school. This is the same elementary school with the stuffed tanuki extolling the virtues of safety! I think he must have been a road kill victim himself (or herself) and now is teaching children to look both ways before crossing the street! As promised, I remembered my camera so you all can see a real live (err dead stuffed) tanuki!

Elementary schools seem to have an aerial photo taken of the school every few years. (These are one of the things I stare at when I am dropped off in a school meeting room for an hour). The students are lined up in the school yard in the form of the school symbol or the name of the school. Here is a photo of the 1994 photo of this elementary school. And, by chance, a teacher is out in the school yard right now, chalking the outline for the next photo, apparently to be taken tomorrow!

And just for fun, a photo of the cigarette vending machine in front of the school.

And a photo of the scenery around the school (this school is in a rural area and today was a foggy day - very picturesque).


2 comments:

Christine said...

Do they have Tanuki keychains? That thing is uber funny. If they have Tanuki keychains, let me know. I will send you money to buy me one!

Mary said...

Are Tanuki always white, or only during the winter months? One odd looking animal, alright! Enjoy reading your antics!!