Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm a Pig

As I sit here pigging out on the Christmas candy sent to me (Thank you!!), it occurs to me that I am behaving just as my Chinese/Japanese zodiac sign would suggest - I'm a Pig, but I prefer the politically correct term "Boar". (These are the same zodiac signs you see on the placemats at Chinese restaurants. Click here if you've forgotten your sign - http://www.proastro.com/)

A few personality traits of the Boar/Pig - When wallowing contentedly along, Pigs are sensible, sensual and sensitive, sweetly naive, caring, self-sacrificing, erudite, talented, open-handed, candid, outgoing, amusing, charitable, obliging, graciously hospitable and virtuous.
But when their elastic generosity has been stretched beyond its limit, out pops Piggy's darker side. Then, he becomes hot-tempered, pessimistic, outrageously epicurean, earthy to a fault, sardonic, snobbish, snide, authoritarian, competitive, know-it-all, stingy, victimized and sometimes downright criminally mad at the world.
True? Maybe.

(The other popular way to categorize personalities here is by blood type. I have type A blood:
While outwardly calm, type A people are such a perfectionists that they are likely to be balls of nerves inside. Type A people are the most artistic of the blood groups. They can be shy, conscientious, trustworthy, and sensitive. I don't think this is quite right either!)

The Year of the Boar was also this past year, and it's the twelfth and final year of the Chinese zodiac. Is it significant that I came to Japan in the same zodiac year as I was born in? Maybe.

The Boar's horoscope for the Year of the Rat (2008) -
You have experienced a lot of changes last year in terms of love relationship, living environment or career. If you have moved homes or changed your job, such changes are settled and you might just work with them. Very true
Besides, the Pigs would have chances to learn or to invest this year. You should feel free to take any opportunity you consider viable.
All Pigs are likely to travel more often, either on business or for leisure. Also very true
You are likely to lose some personal belongings, such as wallet, mobile phones or keys etc. you should especially pay attention to your mobile phone. Hope not

I'm off to Okinawa tomorrow, so this is likely the last blog for the next ten days or so. Happy New Year everyone! I hope great things are predicted for you in the year of the mouse/rat!!

No comments: