Monday, January 7, 2008

Okinawan Signage

We got back from our trip to Okinawa last night. All in all, it was a great trip! We saw lots and lots of things - all of which I will tell you about soon. But not tonight, because I'm tired, and tomorrow is my first day at Ohtsu Junior High School. So for now, you'll have to be content with some humorous (some more confusing than humorous) signs I saw in Okinawa!

In our hotel room:

At some castle ruins:In front of a fire station. I am not sure what the message is- don't eat tempura while talking on an oversized phone when your house is on fire?

This one was at the aquarium. It's all in the last sentence:

At a small pond near Shuri Castle. I'm assuming there are killer turtle in the pond.
And in the ocean, killer octopusIs it a vase or is it two people kissing? You be the judge, but keep in mind this was taken among a row of love hotels.Some of the worst English I've seen, but somehow they managed to get the point across! And at least it's all spelled correctly!Never thought of it this way...Here's a little bit too much information:
Wall Mart. It really is everywhere... or is it? And to leave you in confusion (and suspense):

No comments: