Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 12 on 12 - Last memories

I leave Japan in 5 days so I have been running around taking photos of all the things I've been meaning to take photos of for the last year!! Not to mention packing, cleaning, buying last minute souvenirs! Yikes!!

One of my favorite signs - it's at the entrance to a local grocery store:

No cameras, no smoking, and oh yeah, no bombs.



At another local grocery store - The Next Coming to Our Store. Thank You.


Me finally trying the green tea ice cream. It was pretty much as I suspected...



All the other flavors of ice cream including miso and black sesame.



Classic Photo of Shachi and Himeji Castle




Underground bike parking. I've never actually parked here though. I think it costs about a dollar a day.





Top fashion in swimsuits this year - Pez Candy and Kellogg's Frosted Flakes.



Three more of my favorite no smoking signs. I recently realized that these actually give some good insight into Japanese culture. In each, the message is to think of other people, whereas in the US, no smoking messages usually focus on your health or your children's health.







Me playing Pachinko. Pachinko is sort of a combination between pinball and slot machines. It's not technically gambling because you don't win money. You win tokens which you take across the street to cash in for money. So you see, it's not gambling at all.

Check out this site for a great description of pachinko!

I didn't really figure out how to play because all you do is try to get a ball into a specific hole. I thought that was pretty pointless, but that's just me. No fear of me losing all my money gambling, I guess.



Article about how Japanese cell phones are becoming too complicated! I plan to bring my cell phone back home. It won't work there, but I can show off its dictionary, converters, TV, and other features.

No comments: